- Student Union
- Teekkari Culture
- New Student
During summer Student Union office will be open as follows:
• normally until the end of May
• 1.6. – 17.6. from Tuesday to Thursday at 10–12
• 18.6. – 31.7. OFFICE IS CLOSED
• 1.8. – 16.8. Monday to Friday at 10–14
• 17.8. orientation week starts, office open normally
Did you notice the May issue of WerkkoAnturi is out? The issue will be the last one of this academic year.
This issue will tell you why there is value in international networking.
In addition the results of last month's WerkkoAnturi Questionnaire are here!
To the magazine: http://www.werkkoanturi.fi
- We wanted to give our support to the massive material and cultural rebuilding in Nepal. Natural disasters can happen anywhere, irrespective of people’s wealth or nationality. In these unpredictable catastrophes we, who have the means to help, have to act quickly and accordingly to the need, says Maria Kultanen, Student Union’s responsible for development cooperation.
In addition to the donation TTYY organized a charity movie show at the campus on the 11th of May. The movie was Autolla Nepaliin – Unelmien elokuva (In a Car to Nepal - A Movie of Dreams). Approximately 150 students came to see the movie.
Maria Kultanen, 040 713 0076
Teemu Viljamäki, 040 713 0080
What could be a better plan for a nice summer day, than to catch up with university buddies across guilds and clubs?
Come and take all your TTY friends to Etunurtsi on Saturday 27th of June! There will be great DJ’s lifting up the atmosphere, and barbeques, saunas and hot tubs will be warmed up from 4pm to 8 pm. If you feel like the night ends too soon, no worries – old and reliable Cupola will take care of the rest of the night.
The Student Union of Tampere University of Technology has granted the title of honorary teekkari to Kirsi Reiman and Ismo Nykopp. The honorary teekkaris were the first ones to be dipped into Tammerkoski rapids on the first of May.
Apply for restaurant customer committee!
TUT's restaurants are looking for student representatives for their customer committees. Customer committee's role is to give feedback and monitor the quality of restaurants and propound wishes for restaurants. Reports and developing aspects are discussed in the committees. Term starts 1.9.2015 and takes two years.
In the next week there are two dates when you can get the SpringNyyrikki patch:
- Wednesday 13th of May at 16-18 o'clock at student union cafe
- Friday 15th of May at 12-14 o'clock at student union cafe
Come and get your patch at these dates. If there is no way you can manage there at those times, please contact the Jubilee Team!
I N V I T A T I O N
What: Student Union Council meeting TTYYE 13 / 14 – 15
When: Tuesday 12.5.2015 at 16:15
Where: TUT, K1703
On 25th of April, a devastating earthquake left thousands of people killed, homeless and injured in Nepal. The amount of mental and cultural suffering is unmeasurable.